Tim Challies has an excellent post that is worth sharing on 8 Email Mistakes You Make. I was expecting advice like “don’t use shorthand in email.” Rather he gives advice for learning to control email rather than letting email control you.
Here are the mistakes he lists.
- You check email all day
- You use your best hours to check email
- You use email for high priority communication
- You use email as your to-do list
- You compose or reply when you don’t need to
- You get a notification for every email
- You have a million emails in your inbox
- You use email instead of ________